We often face some hardships in this life. Sometimes the hardship is so heavy that it makes us desperate. However, faith in the infinite power of Allah Ta’ala, makes us remain patient and hopeful. In fact, the universe is under the control and power of Allah Ta’ala. All things are obedient to His decree and will. Nothing can move or act except with His power, strength, will, and permission. He is able to make all the ease into something difficult, as well as something difficult becomes easy. Nothing is hard for Him because He is Almighty over all.
Therefore, when faced with hardships and various trials of life, we should not despair. There is still Allah that we can ask for His help. So we are commanded to dua in times of hardship
“There is no point in avoiding qadar, while prayer brings benefits to what has gone down and what has not yet come down. In fact, the calamity is really down. Then, the prayer blocked him until they attacked each other until the Day of Resurrection. “(HR Al-Hakim)
Here is presented dua for hardship in Islam.
1. “O Allah, there is no comfort except what You make easy. And if You want, You will make the hardship become easiness.” (HR. Ibnu Hibban no. 2427)
The hardship that we are facing right now can become easiness if we believe in Allah. So, we need to dua this to get the help from Allah in facing hardship.
See also: Dua to Make Someone Love Us
2. “O you who believe[d]! Seek help through patience and the prayer. Indeed, Allah (is) with the patient ones.” (Al-Baqarah 2:153)
Allah Ta’ala explains that the best way to ask Allah for help in the face of various calamities (including hardships in life) is to be patient and pray. By doing these, Allah will ease our hardships and make us calmer in facing them.
3. “O All-Eternal Life, Who continuously take care of (His creature), only by Your grace alone, I ask for help.” (HR at-Tirmidzi no 3524)
This dua is to ask help from Allah. He can take care all of His creatures so He is capable of lifting the hardship that we are facing right now.
See also: Benefits of Kissing in Islam
4. “(There is) no god except You, Glory be to You! Indeed, [I] I am of the wrongdoers.” (Al-Anbiya 21:87)
The hardship that we get is because of our wrongdoings. We need to realize it and ask for forgiveness from Allah to get the blessing to face the hardship.
5. “In the name of Allah, I put my trust in Allah, no power and might except Him.” (HR Abu Dawud no. 4431)
We need to trust and believe only in Allah. It is because there is no power and might except Him.
See also: Dua for The Dead Person in Islam
6. “There is no god but Allah, the Highest, the Most Gracious. There is no god but the great Allah of the Throne. There is no god but Allah the Lord of heaven, the Lord of the earth, the Lord of the glorious Throne. “ (HR Bukhari and Muslim)
To get help from Allah, we need to praise and call the name of Allah continuously. This dua is suitable to praise Him, the Creator of this world.
7. “O One Who is Living, O Most Self-sufficient, with Your mercy I seek help.” (HR Tirmidzi and Ibnu Sunni)
This dua is to ask help from Allah. He is the Most Self-sufficient so we need to praise Him and only with His mercy, we can overcome the hardship.
See also: Ways to Do Sabr in Islam
8. “O Allah, Your mercy that I hope. Do not let me have a twinkle of eyes, and fix my affairs, there is no God besides You. “ (HR Abu Daud, Ibnu Hibban, and Ibnu Sunni)
Hardship and affair that we are facing sometimes are difficult to overcome by us. However, there is Allah who can help us in all of our conditions.
9. “You make the Qur’an a spring of my heart, my glance, my sorrow and my worries.” (HR Ahmad, Ibnu Hibban, and Al-Hakim)
By doing this dua and read Qur’an, we hope that they will make our heart warm. In addition, we hope that we can overcome our hardship.
See also: Importance of Zuhr Prayer
10. “All Praise (is) for Allah the One Who has not taken a son and not is for Him a partner in the dominion, and not is for Him any protector out of weakness. And magnify Him (with all) magnificence.” (Al-Isra 17:111)
Allah always protects His servants in their weakness state. So, we need to dua this to ask Allah for the protection to overcome hardship.
11. “Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.” (Al-Baqarah 2:286)
This dua is to ask Allah to give hardship that still can be handled by our power and ability. In addition, we also dua this to remember Allah.
See also: Benefits of Asr Prayer
12. “My Lord! Expand for me my chest And ease for me my task And untie (the) knot from my tongue That they may understand my speech.” (Ta Ha 20:25-28)
This dua will help us to get our affairs done. So, we should dua with this verse when there is a trial or when our chest is hurt because of the world affairs that make trouble for the heart and mind as exemplified by the prayer of the Prophet. Try to read it after fardhu prayer, or when you are also in hardships.
13. “Our Lord! Grant us from Yourself Mercy, and facilitate for us [from] our affair (in the) right way.” (Al-Kahf 18:10)
This dua is good to get a mercy from Allah. We also ask Allah to facilitate us in facing hardship.
See also: Dua to Get Married Fast
14. “O Allah, nothing is easy, except what You make easy. You have made the land hard and dry become loose and fertile.” (HR Ibnu Hibban 3/255)
Everything will become easy if Allah wants it. So, we need to dua this to get Allah’s help to make our hardship become easier.
15. “O Those who have transgressed against themselves, (do) not despair of (the) Mercy (of) Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives the sins all. Indeed He, He (is) the Oft-Forgiving, the Most Merciful.” (Az-Zumar 39:53)
We get the hardship because we do something wrong or commit sins. So, we need to dua this to ask forgiveness so the hardship will be removed by Allah.
See also: Prayers for Deceased Husband
More Dua for Hardship in Islam (16-30)
Here is presented more dua for hardship in Islam.
- “Verily, Rabb you tabaroka wa ta’ala Most Shy, Honorable. He is ashamed of His servant, if the servant put his hand to Him, then both hands return empty. “
- Or Who responds (to) the distressed one when he calls Him and He removes the evil and makes you inheritors (of) the earth? Is there any god with Allah? Little (is) what you remember. (An-Naml 27:62)
- “Those who believed and find satisfaction their hearts in the remembrance (of) Allah. No doubt, in the remembrance of Allah find satisfaction the hearts.” (Ar-Ra’d 13:28)
- “Whoever prays to Me I will grant it, whoever asks Me I will give it and whoever asks forgiveness of Me I will forgive”.
- “O Allah, make my heart accept Your habits, and give me a blessing on what is destined to me until I do not want to hasten what You slow down, or slow down what You hasten.”
- “O Allah, verily I seek refuge in You from sigh and grief, from weakness and laziness, from grits and cowards, from debt and men who oppress me.” (H.R. Bukhari)
- Surely not a Muslim prayed with him in a matter but Allah granted him. (H.R. At-Tirmidzi)
- “O Allah, grant us the good in the world and the good in the hereafter and guard us against the torments of hell.” (HR Bukhari and Muslim) [AdSense-C]
- “There is no god but Allah, the Highest, the Exalted, the Exalted, the Blessing of Allah, the Rabb” the great Throne; praise is to Allah, Rabb of the Worlds.”
- Or (do) you think that you will enter Paradise while not (has) come to you like (came to) those who passed away from before you? Touched them [the] adversity and [the] hardship, and they were shaken until said the Messenger and those who believed with him, “When [will] (the) help (of) Allah (come) Unquestionably, [Indeed] help (of) Allah (is) near.” (Al-Baqarah 2:214)
- “Do not you leave my affairs to me: do not let me, not guided, ignored, unresponsive to prayer and complaint.”
- Allah is my Lord. I do not associate Him with anything.” (HR Abu Dawud 2/87)
- There is no energy and power but with the permission of Allah, and Allah is Great. O Allah, verily I plead with Your grace and Your mercy, for no one has it but You.
- “O Allah, the One who let go of distress, Who dispels mourning, Who grants the prayer of a forced person.”
- “O, Allah! Owner (of) the Dominion, You give the dominion (to) whom You will and You take away the dominion from whom You will, and You honor whom You will, and You humiliate whom You will. In Your hand (is all) the good. Indeed, You (are) about everything All-Powerful.” (Al-Imran 3:26)
That’s all dua for hardship in Islam. Hope we can overcome the hardship by doing all these dua and become a better human in the future.