17 Benefits of Donation in Islam – Giving Charity
The purpose of human living in the world is to do good deeds and please Allah SWT. One of the acts that Allah loves dearly is giving donation. There are many benefits of donation in Islam we can gain, and we don’t have to be wealthy to be able to give donations.
Here are some of the benefits of donation in islam.
1. It Will anot Decrease the Wealth
A human will not be falling poor only by giving donations. As the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
“There is not a single day in which a servant wakes that two angels come down (from the Heavens). One of them says, O’ Allah! Give to the one that spends a substitute (for what he has spent). And the other one says, ‘O Allah! Give to the one that withholds (his money) destruction!” – Bukhari & Muslim
2. The Investment in the World and the Hereafter
Giving donations is like sowing the seeds of kindness, to be reaped later. Allah SWT has promised this in the Holy Quran.
The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the Way of Allah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allah gives manifold increase to whom He pleases. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower. – Al Baqara:261
3. Makes the Hardships Easier
Another benefits of donations in Islam is making the life and hardships easier. It’s not that life has become so, but we become more grateful as we looking at others having a harder life. As the Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
“Look to those who have less than you, and do not look to those who have more. This is more appropriate so that you do not overlook (or undervalue) the blessings of Allah that you have.” – Bukhari & Muslim
4. It Extinguishes the Sin
Who said that sins can’t be extinguished? Donations can do the job. This has confirmed by the Prophet himself.
“Charity extinguishes the sins like water extinguishes a fire.” – Ibn Majah
5. Make Us Feel Grateful and Sufficient
It’s normal for human to feel like they’re short of something. Some of them even forget how to be thankful to Allah SWT. Giving donations make us feel more grateful and sufficient with anything we already have.
6. Gain Us a Big Reward in the Hereafter
Allah SWT never told us to do something unless its benefited us someday. He has promised the biggest reward for those who perform donations.
7. To Protect Us from the Hellfire
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
“Protect yourself from hell-fire even by giving a piece of date as charity.” – Bukhari & Muslim
8. Allah SWT Gives Multiple in Return
No matter how small the donations we give, Allah SWT will give us multiple in return. He will spend many of his blessing to us, as we have spent on the way that He dearly loves. The Prophet (peace be upon him) said,
“Allah, the Exalted, says, ‘Spend, O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.’” – Bukhari & Muslim
9. We Won’t Feel Grieve in Life
Those who spend their wealth in the Cause of Allaah, and do not follow up their gifts with reminders of their generosity or with injury, their reward is with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.” – Al Baqara (261:262)
10. Allah SWT Will Spend His Blessing on Us
It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said:
“Allah said: ‘Spend, O son of Adam, and I shall spend on you.’” – Bukhari and Muslim
11. A Good Way to Worship Allah SWT
Among many forms of worship, giving donation is one of them.
“And be steadfast in prayer; practice regular charity; and bow down your heads with those who bow down (in worship).” – Al Baqara (43)
12. As a Proof of Faith in Allah SWT
“O you who believe! Spend of that with which We have provided for you, before a Day comes when there will be no bargaining, nor friendship, nor intercession. And it is the disbelievers who are the Zaalimoon (wrongdoers).” – Al Baqara (254)
How to Give Donation in Islam
Considered as one of the best deed in Islam, there are many ways to give donation in Islam.
- Giving money to poor people or those who are in need. It’s the most classic ways of donation but the impact is very big indeed. Money donations can be done through the charity foundation, organizations, or websites.
- Doing a volunteer work is just as good as giving money. Time is the most precious thing for a human, so giving some of your time to others is a good deed.
- Giving advice to others when they have some trouble, including friends, relatives, and other people.
- Giving food to orphans and widow are also a way to give donations in Islam.
- Teach young children and other illiterate people to read Quran. It will help us in the Hereafter as well.
So those are all the benefits of donation in Islam. Continue to spread kindness around, so that many kindness will find their way back to us. May all of us can be the best Muslim for Allah SWT. Amiin.