30 Signs of Qayamat in Quran – Doomsday Signs
Qiyamat or in other languages means the end of the world. Which on that day, all human beings and all living things that are on earth will be destroyed forever. The prediction of the coming of the Qiyamat day has been written in the Quran for a long time. Below is a verse of Quran that tells about the end of the day.
“The Calamity!What is the Calamity?Ah, what will convey unto thee what the Calamity is! A day wherein mankind will be as thickly-scattered moths. And the mountains will become as carded wool .” (Al Qaari’ah 101:1-5)
In this discussion, we will discover all about 30 signs of Qayamat in Quran. Actually, the sign of Qiyamat is divided into two major signs. The Kubra or the great signs, which below here mention in the number one until ten. Also the Sughra sign or the small signs, which below here mention in the number eleven until fifteen. Here are all the signs of the Qayamat following.
1. The Presence of Fog
In the Quran, it is mentioned that there will be a fog where there is a thick fog that covers the entire universe. This fog lasts for 40 days. The effects of this fog are deadly for disbelievers. Meanwhile, for Muslims are don’t effect. Below is a chapter of the Quran about this fog. You may want to read about Importance of Time in Islam
“But watch thou (O Muhammad) for the day when the sky will produce visible smoke.That will envelop the people. This will be a painful torment.” (Verse 44:10-11)
2. Discharge of Dajjal
The Dajjal is a person with the characteristics of his blind next eye and he is the destroyer of the earth. The description of the appearance of the Dajjal may not be clearly written on the Quran. But the following verse of Quran can explain the appearance of the Dajjal. You may want to read about Benefits of Modesty in Islam.
“In the day when one of the portents from thy Lord cometh, its belief availeth naught a soul which theretofore believed not, nor in its belief earned good (by works). Say: Wait for ye! Lo! We (too) are waiting.”
3. The appearance of Imam Mahdi as the enforcer of the Khilafah on Earth
After the appearance of the Dajjal, it will also appear Imam Mahdi as the enforcer of truth on earth. The appearance of the Mahdi Imam is also explained in the Quran. Increase your knowledge about Benefits of Exercise in Islam
“O ye who believe! Whoever becomes a rebel from his religion, (knowing otherwise) Allah will bring those whom He loves and those who love Him, humble to those who believe, burden the unbelievers, strive in the way of Allah, and who is not afraid to the insult of the people who like to insult…” (Verse 5: 54)
4. The appearance of Prophet Isa AS
On the day of Qayamat Prophet Isa AS was revealed by Allah SWT. He will kill the dajjal along with the Imam Mahdi. The fall of Prophet Isa AS and Imam Mahdi is the leader on earth to fight evil. Here is one of the Quran verses about the appearance of Prophet Isa AS. You may want to read about The Importance of Prayer in Islam
“And he (i.e., Jesus) shall be a Sign (for the coming of) the Hour (of Judgment): therefore have no doubt about the (Hour), but follow Me: this is a Straight Way.” (Verse 43:61)
5. Discharge of Ya’juj and Ma’juj (Gog and Magog)
It explained in the Quran that there will be a creature called Ya’juj and Ma’juj. They are human beings, who are descendants of Japheth, son of Noah’s Prophet. They are destructive human beings and have a horrible appearance. Here is an explanation of the Quran verse about Ya’juj and Ma’juj. Read more about Importance of Ettiquette in Islam
“But there is a ban on a town which We have destroyed: that they (the people of the town) shall not return (to reclaim that town as their own); until Gog and Magog are let through (their barrier), and they swiftly spread out in every direction (replicating themselves amongst all the peoples of the world).”(Verse 21:95-96)
6. The appearance of beasts that are able to speak and mark between the disbelievers and the believers
In addition to the emergence of Gog and Magog, there are beasts that can speak to humans. Not only that, it is said also these beasts can mark which people who disbelieve and believe. Below is an explanation of Quran.
“And when the word is fulfilled concerning them, We shall bring forth a beast of the earth to speak unto them because mankind had not faith in Our revelations.” (Verse 27:82)
7. The rising of the sun on the west
At the present time, the sun rises from the east. However, what might the sunrise in the West? That is the greatness of Allah, that whatever happens in this world is the Will of Allah SWT. We as Muslims must believe in this. Allah says about this in Quran.
“My Lord is He Who giveth life and death.” He said: “I give life and death.” Said Abraham: “But it is Allah that causeth the sun to rise from the East do thou then cause it to rise from the West!” Thus was he confounded who (in arrogance) rejected Faith. Nor doth Allah give guidance to a people unjust.
8. Separation of the moon
In the future, the moon has been separate, Allah SWT said that in Quran. That the day of Qayamat is near when the moon has been separate. Below here is the word from Allah ta’ala based on Quran.
“The hour drew nigh and the moon was rent in twain.” (Verse 54:1)
9. The occurrence of a very powerful earthquake
There are many earthquakes in various parts of the earth, it is also one of the signs Qayamat. One day there will happen a very powerful of the earthquake. The occurrence of this powerful earthquake is also mentioned in the Quran.
” O mankind! Fear your Lord. Lo! the earthquake of the Hour (of Doom) is a tremendous thing.” (Verse 22:1)
10. Blowing the trumpet by the Israfel as the Angel of Allah SWT
The last sign of the great Qayamat is the trumpet blow of the Israfel. This is clearly written on the Quran. With the trumpet from Israfel, all human beings and all living things that exist in the universe will be destroyed and die. You may want to read about Importance of Generosity in Islam
“And the trumpet shall be blown, so all those that are in the heavens and all those that are in the earth shall swoon, except such as Allah please; then it shall be blown again, then lo! they shall stand up awaiting.”
11. The elevation of Prophet Muhammad as an Apostle
The elevation of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) by Allah SWT into an Apostle, is a sign of the doomsday. Which only Prophet Muhammad is the last prophet for Muslims. Below is a verse that explains this. You may want to read about Akhlaq of Prophet Muhammad SAW and Character of Prophet Muhammad We Must Have.
“Muhammad is not the father of any man among you, but he is the messenger of Allah and the Seal of the Prophets, and Allah is ever Aware of all things” (Verse 33:40)
12. Increased of adultery
Disobedience everywhere, one of it is adultery. This is an example of a small doomsday that already in the present. Here below is a verse that explains people who commit adultery.
“The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers.” (Verse 24:3)
13. Many murders occur
Murder is not justified in Islam if he kills a person who deliberately or kills a guilty person. Who people are to commit murder is a great sin. However, in the present, the murder is indeed everywhere. Here is a verse of Quran about the murderer.
” Yet ye it is who slay each other and drive out a party of your people from their homes, supporting one another against them by sin and transgression? – and if they came to you as captives ye would ransom them, whereas their expulsion was itself unlawful for you – Believe ye in part of the Scripture and disbelieve ye in part thereof? And what is the reward of those who do so save ignominy in the life of the world, and on the Day of Resurrection they will be consigned to the most grievous doom? For Allah is not unaware of what ye do.” (Verse 2:85)
14. The number of false prophets
The number of false prophets started since the time of the Prophet Muhammad. When Rasulullah SAW died and was replaced by Abu Bakr Ash Shiddiq as the first caliph. Many false prophets have appeared everywhere. The appearance of false prophets continues to the present day. Increase your knowledge with read Best Dua of Prophet Muhammad for Life
Not only in the Arab region, but in other countries like Indonesia there has also been a case like this. The appearance of false prophets is very disturbing to society and this must be followed up.
“In my people, there are 27 liars, 4 of them are women, and indeed I am the seal of the prophets, no prophet after me.” (HR Thahawi).
15. The Time is Short
Have we ever felt that the present time, becomes ever shorter? This has been determined by Allah SWT as a sign of the doomsday for humans. This time is also known by the Prophet Muhammad in the hadith below and in the Quran also written that:
From Anas bin Malik Ra. he said:
The Messenger of Allah Sallallahu ‘alaihi wa Sallam said: “There will be no Qayamat so the time is short, then a year it felt like a month, a month it felt like a week, a week it felt like a day, a day it felt like an hour and one hour felt like a flash of fire . “(briefly, just like a flash of fire).” (Tirmizi)“By the declining day.Lo! man is a state of loss.Save those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to truth and exhort one another to endurance.” (Verse 103:1-3)
Below here are the other signs of Qiyamat based on the Quran. Which these are signs of Qayamat are happen in the future.
- [ Verse 81:1-3] “When the sun is covered, and when the stars darken, and when the mountains are made to pass away.”
- [ Verse 82:1-3] “When the heaven becomes cleft asunder, and when the stars become dispersed, and when the seas are made to flow forth.”
- [Verse 77:8-10] “So when the stars are made to lose their light, and when the heaven is rent asunder, and when the mountains are carried away as dust.”
- [Verse 52:9-10] “On the day when the heaven shall move from side to side, and the mountains shall pass away passing away (all together).“
- [Verse 56:1-6] “When the great event comes to pass, there is no belying it’s coming to pass – abasing (one party), exalting (the other), when the earth shall be shaken with a (severe) shaking, and the mountains shall be made to crumble with (an awful) crumbling, so that they shall be as scattered dust.”
- [Verse 21:104] “On the day when We will roll up heaven like the rolling up of the scroll for writings…”
- [Verse 84:1-5] “When the heaven bursts asunder and obeys its Lord and it must. And when the earth is stretched, and casts forth what is in it and becomes empty, and obeys its Lord and it must.”
- [Verse 75:6-9] “He asks: ‘When is the day of resurrection? So when the sight becomes dazed, and the moon becomes dark, and the sun and the moon are brought together.'”
- [Verse 20:105-107] “And they ask you about the mountains. Say: My Lord will carry them away from the roots. Then leave it a plain, smooth level; You shall not see therein any crookedness or unevenness.”
- [Verse 14:48] “On the day when the earth shall be changed into a different earth, and the heavens (as well), and they shall come forth before Allah, the One, the Supreme.”
- [Verse 89:21] “Nay! when the earth is made to crumble to pieces…”
- [Verse 99:1-2] “When the earth is shaken with her (violent) shaking, and the earth brings forth her burdens…”
- [Verse 17:7] “(Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.”
- [Verse 10:45]“And on the day when He will gather them as though they had not stayed but an hour of the day…”
- [Verse 78:18] “The day on which the trumpet shall be blown so you shall come forth in hosts.”
Hopefully, this 30 Signs of Qayamat in Quran can be a benefit for us, all Muslimin. With this, it can also remain us as Muslims to keep our prayers and also do good deeds.