As a Muslim, we should remembering and supplicating Allah SWT and His Prophet (in this context is Muhammad SAW). This is not without a reason, because Muhammad SAW always remember and supplicate Him in every situation and in all circumstances. He also teach His companions to do so because remembering Allah means linking and connecting to Him. Here is 20 Dua, which is repeated by Prophet Muhammad SAW in many times and easily to do.
See also :
A. Dua for Safety
These Duas can you recite when you beg for Safety. Either when you are in a way, or in order to get out of problems, as follows:
1. Allahumma atina fi dunya hasanatan wa fil akhirati hasanatan wa qina ‘adhaba annar.
“O Allah, grant us the good in this world and the good in the Hereafter and save us from the torment of Hell-Fire.”
This Dua is come from Anas r.a, which is include in Hadit Muslim. It is frequently used by almost Muslim, for blessing not only in the World or Dunya, but in Hereafter. It is also demand protectionand safety from the torment or torture of Hell-Fire, which is frightening believers if there’s so much sin or bad deeds during in the World. In Islamic school, particularly in kindergarten or primary school, this Dua is often teached and practically by the teachers to their students. The main goal of this Dua is to introduce Islam for toddlers with very simple ways. Instead of this Dua, there some Dua which is we can use such as :
2. Allahumma ashlih li dini alladzi huwa “ishmatu amri, wa ashlih li dun-yaya al lati fiha ma’asyi, wa ashlih li akhirati al lati ilaiha ma’adi, waj’al al hayata ziyadatan li fi kulli khairin, waj’al al mauta rahatan li min kullisyarrin.
3. (Allahumma inni a’udzubika min zawaali ni’matika, wa tahawwuli ‘afiyatika, wa fujaa’ati niqmatika, wa jamii’i sakhatika.)
B. Dua for Protecting from Bad Habits
In this part, we will explain Dua for protecting us from bad habits and bad deeds. Not only those things, it can also protect us from anything that bother us such as, anxiety, cowardness, etc. Here is some of the Dua that we can practically anytime and anywhere, especially after shalat or praying.
4 Allahumma inni a’udzubika minal hammi wal hazan, wa a’udzubika minal ‘ajzi wal kasal, wa a’udzubika minal jubni wal buhkl, wa a’udzubika min ghalabatid-daini wa qahrir-rijaal
“O God, I take refuge in You from chest and anxiety, and I take refuge in You from weakness and laziness, and I take refuge in You from cowardly and miserly nature, and I take refuge in You from bondage of debt and pressure human.”
In one story has been told, Rasulullah SAW was came to the Mosque when he saw an Anshar people named Abu Umamah inside not in the time of Fardhu prayer. He asked him why he was in Mosque, Abu Umamah said that he had a problem of debt. Rasulullah SAW teached that Dua to him and pray twice; in the morning after Shubuh and evening after Ashar. Beside the first Dua, there is another one Dua, which is similar as the former.
5. Allaahumma innii a’uuzubika min fitnatin naari wa ‘azaabin naari wa min fitnatil qabri wa ‘azaabil qabri wa min syarri fitnatil ginaa wa min syarri fitnatil faqri wa min syarri al-masiihid dajjaali
“O Allah, I pray for Your protection from Hellfire, Hell-Fire, Grave Disaster, and Torture. I seek refuge in thee from the evil of the test of wealth, from the evil of the test of purity, and from the evil of the dajjal.”
See also :
C. Dua for Good Deeds
This Dua refers to ourselves. The main goal of this Dua is to be given of good deed not only for ourselves, but also to other people and other things. Not only this Dua, there are some of Dua that we can used to :
7. “Allaahumma inniy as-aluka ‘ilman naafi’an warizqon thoyyiban wa’amalan mutaqobbalan”
This Dua has aimed to get a new knowledge that can be used in daily life, also get a good and beneficial substance.
8. “Alhamdulillahilladzii ahyaanaa ba’da maa amaa tamaa, wa ilaihin nusyuur”
This Dua is usually for us after wake up and shown our gratitude to Allah that gave us one more chance to live.
See also :
D. Dua for Amnesty (Forgiveness) and Mercy
There are many pray or Dua that means to ask forgiveness and mercy. In this part, we will elaborate more than one Dua for amnestiness to Allah swt.
9. “rabbana laa tu ‘akhidzna, inna sina au akhta’na, rabbanaa tahmil alaina isran kama hamaltahu alalladziina min qablina,rabbanaa wa laa tuhammilna ma laa ta qatalaa nabi, wafu’anna, wagfirlanaa, warhamna, anta maulaana fansurna alal qaumil kaafiriin”
“Oh God, do not blame us upon us if we forgotten, Oh God, lay not upon us a burden which You laid upon those before us, Oh God, burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear, pardon us; forgive us, and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, give us victory over the disbelieving people.”
This Dua is based on Al-Baqarah verse 286. It contains a pray to Allah for giving us a merciness and forgiveness if we forget and not laying a burden as Allah did to those before us.
10. “Allahummagh firli dhambi kullahu diqqahu wa jillahu wa awwalahu wa akhirahu wa ‘alaniyatahu wa sirrahu.”
“O Allah! Forgive all my sins, whether few or more, the first and the last, the apparent and the hidden.”
In this Dua, we are demand to Allah to forgive all of our sin, in any circumstances.
11. “Allahumma inni as’aluka mujibati rahmatika, wa ‘aza’ima maghfiratika, was-salamata min kulli ithmin, wal-ghanimata min kulli birrin, wal-fawza bil- jannati, wannajata mina-nar.”
“O Allah! I beg You for that which incites Your Mercy and the means of Your forgiveness, safety from every sin, the benefit from every good deed, success in attaining Jannah and deliverance from Fire.”
This Dua is one of the most supplication that Prophet saw. most said. It is include in hadith from Ibnu Mas’ud.
12. “Allahummaghfirli khathiati wa jahili wa israfi fi amri wama anta azqalamu biha mani. Allahummaghfirli jadi wa hazli wa khatha-i wa amdi wa kala dzalika andi. Allahummaghfirli ma qadamati wama akharati wama asrarati wama azqalanati wama anta azqaalamu biha mani anta ilahi la ilaha illa anta.”
“O Allah, forgive my faults and foolishness, my excess in my dealings and whatever You know better than me. O Allah, forgive my sincerity and my selves, my neglect and my deliberate, and all of that to me. O God, forgive me what I have done first and what I end up, which I keep secret and which I reveal, and whatever you know more than I do. You are my God who is no god but You.”
13. “Allahumma anta robbi laa ilaha illa anta, khalaqtani wa ana ‘abduka wa ana ‘ala ‘ahdika wa wa’dika mastatho’tu. A’udzu bika min syarri maa shona’tu, abuu-u laka bini’matika ‘alayya, wa. abuu-u bi dzanbi, faghfirliy fainnahu laa yaghfirudz dzunuuba illa anta”
“Dear Allah! You are my Rabb, no Rabb is entitled to worship except You. You created me. I am Your servant. I will be faithful to my covenant with You as best I can. I take refuge in you from the ugliness I make. I confess Your blessings to me and I confess my sins, therefore, forgive me. There is no one who forgives sins except You”
See also :
E. Dua for Consistency (Istiqamah)
There are two Dua or Dzikr for to be firm to Allah :
14. “Ya musarrifa-l quloobi sarrif qalbi ala ta’atik.”
“O Allah! The One Who turns the hearts, turn my heart towards Your obedience.”
Based on Hadith Muslim, this Dua means to Allah for keeping us straight to Allah swt, especially our heart.
15. “Yā Muqallibal-qulūb, thabbit qalbī `alā dīnik”
“O Changer of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your religion”
In hadith Tirmidzi number 3522, it is narrated that Shahr bin Hawshab asked Umm Salamah (wife of Prophet Muhammad Saw) the supplication that Prophet Muhammad saw. always said. From that conversation, we can take a point that Prophet still needs to be firm and intact to Allah swt.
16. (rabbanaa laa tuziqquluubanaa wa hablanaa milladunka rahmatan in dhal wahaab)
This dua is a part of verse in Surah Ali-Imran verse 8. It is goal to keep our heart steadily to Allah after getting a clue from Allah swt, who gave us many blessing for His ummah.
See also :
F. Dhikr from the Prophet of Muhammad SAW
On the other hand, the prophet of Muhammad SAW also give us some Dhikr that we can recite every time in daily life, as follows:
17. “La ilaha illallahul-Azimul-Halim. La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-‘Arshil-‘Azim. La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati, wa Rabbul-ardi, wa Rabbul-‘Arshil- Karim.”
“None has the right to be worshipped but Allah the Incomparably Great, the Compassionate. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah the Rabb of the Mighty Throne. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah the Rubb of the heavens, the Rabb of the earth, and the Rabb of the Honourable Throne”
While Prophet Muhammad SAW in distress, he always said this repeatedly in anytime and anywhere. Because he believed that no one has the right to be worshipped instead Allah swt.
18. ‘Subhanallah wa bihamdihi’,
“Allaah is free from imperfection and all praise is due to Him”
From Abu Hurairah, in Bukhari book 80 number 100 narrated that Rasulullah saw. said whoever said “Subhanallah wa bihamdih” one hundred times a day, all of his sins will be forgiven, even if they were as much as the foam of the sea.
19. “laa ilaaha illallaahu wahdahu laa syarikalaa lahul mulku walahul hamdu wa huwa ‘alaa kulli syai’in qadiir”
“There is no god but Allah, He is the One and Only God. There is no partner for Him, He who has the universe and all praise is only for Him. God is omnipotent over all things.”
Based on Hadith Bukhari in book 80 number 98, it is narrated by Abu Hurairah that Prophet Muhammad saw said to anyone who recites this one hundred times, it will get a reward same as the one who freeing ten slaves and will be written in his record; one hundred sins will be removed or remitted from him. Also, they will be shielded from Shaitan on that day till night. Prophet Muhammad said that no one can do better except the one who does more than those people.
See also :
G. Dua for Start our Activities
It is better if we start and finish our daily activity with remembering our God : Allah Swt. Here is the Dua that we can practically in our daily activity.
20. “Allahumma yaa ghaniiyu ya hamiidu yaa mubdi’u yaa mu’iidu ya rahiinu yaa waduudu, aghninii bi halaalika ‘an haraamika wakfinii bi fadhlika ‘amman siwaaka wa shalallahu ‘allaa mubammadin wa aalihi wa sallam.”
See also :
That was the 20 Duas that we can share to you, despite there are more than 20. It is easily to practically anytime and anywhere. We sincerely hope you enjoy to read and can practically this Dua, also take a lot of benefit from this article.