14 Impacts of Islamophobia – The Early Signs of Judgement Day
Here we go again in the azislam.com, verified health information site. If azislam.com has discussed some articles like prayer for those who hate you, importance of virginity in Islam, and importance of Battle of Badr in Islam, in this occasion, azislam.com will talk about some impacts of Islamophobia around the world. But before we start it, don’t forget to read another azislam.com articles like importance of Tafsir in Islam & importance of 27th Rajab in Islam.
If it is reviewed from language, Islamophopia is fear of Islam. This idea turns up as a cause from the mind war between Capitalism and Islam. Capitalism does not want its position (as the ruler of world) to be removed by other ideology. So that, it tries to destroy them. The existence of Islam is a big threat for the existence of Capitalism in this world. Because of that, the idea of Islamophobia is raised up by creating negative opinions about Islam and it persuades Moslem to be far away from Shari’a. Some of Moslem have been persuaded without searching more detail about their negative opinion. Indeed, Allah Ta’ala has alerted in Qur’an Surah Al Hujurat verse 6, which means :
“O you who have believed, if there comes to you a disobedient one with information, investigate, lest you harm a people out of ignorance and become, over what you have done, regretful.
This verse has alerted us that every mind or opinion that are said by disobedient must be checked carefully. So, we can be not lost and sorry later. Here are some impacts of Islamophobia in this world.
- All this time, disobedient rise up opinion about the teaching of Islam is full of violence. They do it in many ways, such as giving symbols of sword and Qur’an, manipulating a violent video that there is no facts. So, many people are afraid with Islam and they make Islam as a terror for their lives.
- Moslem who are not persuaded with their negative opinion about Islam are given nicknames by them. The disobedient make nicknames for them, such as a group of fundamentalist, extremist, terrorist and other nicknames that direct to the radical groups. So, other people besides them are more afraid and they do not want to be closer with Moslem.
- According to some parties, the cause of Islamophobia is an indication of racism action. It is a tragedy on 11th September 2001. United states of America quickened campaign ‘war on terrorism’ and George W. Bush stated that enemy of United states is radical Moslem such as Al Qaeda and Boko Haram. It makes Americans have bad opinions about Islam. They consider Moslem as terrorists.
- One of supporters from Donald Trump said that in recent days, Moslem have been “problems” for United states. The incident on 11th September affected the policy of United states and it implies to the way people viewed about Moslem. This tragedy also starts a policy of ‘was on terrorism’ by the government of United states. The media as public spectacles directed that this tragedy is caused by terrorists and it made a perspective that Islam must be watchful. This thing makes the view of Islamophobia very serious in United states.
- Of course, the spread of Islamophobia is very worry. Because it will strengthen a view and action that corner Moslem. All of this will support suspicion, hate, revenge and anger toward one another in the middle of society. For example, some mosque are thrown dirt, Moslem women who wear hijab are spat and abused in the country with the minority of Moslem.
- In the country that the majority of Islam like Indonesia, Islamophobia makes Moslem youth fear and they do not want to learn Islam. They do not want to be called fanatic and extremist. They only want to be a common Moslem. A generation who only becomes Islam as religious ritual, such as they always do prayers, but they also do bad deeds. If this thing continues, it will create the generation of hedonism and materialistic. They are happy with their lives in the world and they forget the Hereafter.
- One-third of mosque in Netherlands get many attacks as forms of Islamophobia in that country. One of research that is done by Ineke van der Valk from Amsterdam University proved that in the last ten years, those mosque are attacked with many threats, such as anonymous letters, burning, throwing a pig’s head and another aggressive behaviors.
- In the Europe lately, Islamophobia also affects some policies that relate with Moslem in there. For example, The prohibition of wearing veil for Moslem women in France, The discrimination of doing worships for Moslem, extra investigation in every immigration office (land, air and sea) upon those who are Islam or those who come from the country of Moslem majority.
- Since the tragedy on 9th September 2001, the image of Islam is getting worse, especially in Europe and America. Even, in many activities like military training always discuss about worry or fear of Islam that actually that is not basing.
- In Europe and America, it is difficult to build a mosque. It is prohibited and the permission is not out, even building the minaret is not allowed. So, their lives are very terrible there.
- Imam Syamsi Ali told, there are some advertisements of Islamophobia in the subway of New York a few years ago. Besides that, disobedient start to abuse the Prophet Muhammad Shallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam by making caricatures of him.
- After the tragedy on 11 September 2001, there are many violence in America that it is directed to Moslem in there. For example, Moslem women who use hijab are often abused. So, some of them are forced to take off their hijab. Besides that, there are bullying with children who offspring Moslem.
- Islamophobia can be a cause to break the harmony of country, such as Indonesia where the majority of Indonesia is Moslem. Indonesia is lived by plural society, both tribe, race, religion and group. So, if Islamophobia continues in Indonesia, it can break this country.
- There is a shooting of three Moslem in North Carolina, United States on 10th February 2015. This event is strongly suspected because Islamophobia. Because at that time, many media neglected that murder.
Thus the article about 14 impacts of Islamophobia. Indeed, Islam is a perfect religion where there is no doubt in it. Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala said :
“This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.” (Q.S. Al-Maidah : 3)
So that, as Moslem, do not be afraid with Islamophobia. But we should learn more about Islam and be closer to Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala.