Quran is the guidance for all muslims in the word, it is our holy book. Inside Quran we can learn all about the basic teachings of Islam. The commandment of Allah SWT written in Quran, including principal discussion about life in the world, how to worship Allah SWT, and how to maintain relationship among mankind. From Quran we can also learn tips about leadership according to Quran and importance of reciting Quran in Ramadhan. [AdSense-B]
To believe in Quran and other holy books who came from Allah SWT is an obligation for all Muslims. It is also part of of the Islamic faith. Quran is the last holy book from Allah that sent down to His people through His Messenger Muhammad SAW. As mentioned in the following verse
“And this is a Book which We have sent down, blessed and confirming what was before it, that you may warn the Mother of Cities and those around it. Those who believe in the Hereafter believe in it, and they are maintaining their prayers.”(QS. Al-An’am : 92)
The above verse tell us that Quran is a book of blessing and as the complement or the confirmation of the truth that had come before and perfected it. No one or creature can create something as perfect as Quran. As mentioned in the following verse :
“Say, ‘if mankind and the jinn gathered in order to produce the like of this Quran, they could not produce the like of it, even if they were to each other assistants.”(QS. Al-Isra : 88)
Quran gives us guidance, peace to our soul, and also give us many rewards and benefit in any kind of aspects. By reading Quran and understand also perform the contents we can gain mercy from Allah SWT.
“And this (Quran) is a Book We have revealed (which is) blessed, so follow it and fear Allah that you may receive mercy.”(QS. Al-An’am : 155)
Tips to Getting Closer to Quran
After knowing the true identity of Quran and its meaning, as muslims it is our obligation or even our needs to getting closer to Quran. And what should we do to get closer to Quran? [AdSense-A]
- By reading Quran frequently. Reading Al-Quran in a frequent time will help us to understand more and creating needs inside us to always read it. If we read it over and over with proper etiquette of reading the holy Quran, along with understanding the meaning and aplied it in our live than we may always getting closer to Quran.
- Preparing special time. It is also important for Muslims to prepare special times during their 24 hours. Spend couple of hours both in day or night only to read Quran. Those precious time must be kept away from disturbance. Prepare yourself during this time, make your mind and solid clear, calm, and peaceful to accept the verses of Quran. We are recommended to read Quran in the morning or night, since at that time our mind could be fresh, far from dense activity disturbances, the atmosphere is also calmer, so we will be easy to understand what we read.
- We can use various tools or methods to involve Quran in our activities. Some people may easy to learn from reading the books, but some people likes to learn visually or from audio. We can choose either from that media to getting closer to Quran. There is no strictly rule or taboo to use certain tools in studying Islam including Quran. As muslim we should learn how to read Quran since there is law of cannot reading Quran in Islam that we should aware of.
- Involve other people around you from family, or partner like husband or wife especially to those who already have children. It is part of parents duty to help their children read Quran and even more to learn about it. So keep involving them by making a schedule of reading and reciting Quran together.
- Inviting teacher or people who are able to teach us reading Quran. Understand and read Quran is important, but it is also more important to read it perfectly. If we cannot invite teacher to our house, we can hold recitation with the direction from scholars or people who have better knowledge than us.
- Another tips to getting closer to Quran is by keep Quran close to us. Do not ever think to quit the habit to read Quran frequently. Keep it always within our reach, or you can use technology in here. Such as installing Quran application in smartphone, or downloading murottal in MP3 or other media.
- To improve something or to achieve something we should open up our heart and strengthened our intention. Know your intentions first, and what drive your want to get close to Quran. If you want to live in peace then it is your answer, do not dissolve in worldly matter or daily routine.
- Remember that Quran is the gift from Allah. If you want to get closer to Allah SWT then you have to appreciate His gift isn’t it? We can appreciate it also by learn of law of holding Quran without wudhu and law of holding Quran when praying.
- It may be a useful tips, just read a Quranic translation in a language that we understand best. Learning Quran by understanding the meaning is the best way. Know the content, and also how to implement it in daily activity. Make sure that you understand enough what you have read.
- Remember the Quran verse or make dua for it, before you start read or learning about Quran. We need to also learn on how to memorize Quran to help us increase our sense of belonging.
As we know that Quran is the word of Allah, there is no doubt about its divinity.
“This the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah.”(QS. Al-Baqarah : 2)
“Indeed, We sent down to you the Book for the people in truth. So whoever is guided – it is for (the benefit of) his soul, and whoever goes astray only goes to its detriment. And you are not a manager over them.”(QS. Az-Zumar : 41)
Allah sent Quran to make mankind out from their darkness life and lift it into the light. Long before Quran came people life in a darkness era, where astray, violation, and adultery spread wildly in all place in the world. Therefore we should increase our understanding and knowledge of Quran as muslims especially and as mankind as general.
“It is He who sends down upon His Servant (Muhammad) verses of clear evidence that He may bring you out from darkness into the lightness. And indeed, Allah is to you Kind and Merciful.”(QS. Al-Hadid : 9)