20 Efficacious Dua for Conception in Islam
Conception is the action of conceiving a child or of a child being conceived. It means conception is like fertilization or pregnancy. Women in Islam have a glorious place. This can be seen from the enshrinement of women in a letter called Surah An-Nisa ‘. The main feature of women is the presence of the uterus in the body. The uterus is a reproductive organ that have a primary function as a place of development of a fetus until it is born into the world. The process of fetal development in the womb is commonly referred to as the period of conception/pregnancy.
“Then We placed it in an abode safe for a period known. So We measured, and Best (are We to) measure!” (Al-Mursalat 77:23)
This is presented dua for conception in Islam.
1. “The One Who made good everything He created, and He began (the) creation (of) man from clay. Then He made his progeny from an extract of water despised. Then He fashioned him and breathed into him from His spirit and made for you the hearing and the sight and feelings; little [what] thank you give.” (As-Sajdah 32:9)
This dua is good for the child inside of womb because we ask Allah for the good hearing, sight, and feelings for the child after born later. We don’t want a child that becomes naughty and always does sins in the future.
See also: Importance of Jummah in Islam
2. “He (is) the One Who created you from dust, then from a semen-drop, then from a clinging substance, then He brings you out (as) a child; then lets you reach your maturity, then lets you become old – and among you (is he) who dies before – and lets you reach a term specified, and that you may use reason.” (Ghafir 40:67)
We need to do this dua to grow a good child and will become mature and old as times goes by. If the child dies and makes a good life, then we will get the reward from Allah.
3. “Indeed, one of you amongst the combined forms of his creation in his mother’s stomach for forty days (in the form of semen) then became a clot of blood during that (for 40 days), then became a clot of flesh during that time, then Allah sent an angel to breathe the fetus in the fetus and then set for him four things: his rizq, his death, his deeds, his misery and his happiness. “ (Bukhari and Muslim from Abdullah bin Mas’ud Radhiyallahu ‘anhu)
We need to dua this to get the blessing from Allah. The blessing itself will go into the life of the child in the future such as rizq, deeds, misery, happiness, and death.
See also: The Importance of Education in Islam
4. “He (is) the One Who created you from clay then He decreed a term – and a term specified with Him, yet you doubt.” (Al-Anam 6:2)
This dua is to remember Allah, the Creator of the life. Hope the family and the child will remember Allah until the end.
5. “Read in (the) name (of) your Lord the One Who created -He created man from a clinging substance. Read, and your Lord (is) the Most Generous, The One Who taught by the pen, Taught man what not he knew.” (Al-Alaq 96:1-5)
We need to dua this to be grateful for Allah’s gift. The gift is like the life we are living now, knowledge, etc.
See also: Ways to Give Charity in Islam
6. “Then We created the semen-drop (into) a clinging substance, then We created the clinging substance (into) an embryonic lump, then We created the embryonic lump, (into) bones, then We clothed the bones (with) flesh; then We produce it (as) a creation another. So blessed is Allah (the) Best (of) the Creators.” (Al-Mu’minun 23:14)
Like the previous dua, this dua is to thank Allah for the birth of the child later. This dua shows how great Allah creates humans from baby or child.
7. “He created you from a soul single. Then He made it its mate. And He sent down for you of the cattle eight kinds. He creates you in (the) wombs (of) your mothers, creation after creation, in darkness[es] three. That (is) Allah your Lord; for Him (is) the dominion. (There is) no god except He. Then how are you turning away?” (Az-Zumar 39:6)
This dua is to make the child remember his mother who is struggling to give his birth to the world. It is also to make the child believe only in Allah.
See also: The Importance Of Forgiveness in Islam
8. “I hope that Allah will remove from their ribs, the children who will worship Allah alone and not associate anything with Him.” (HR Bukhari)
Allah creates human from another human’s ribs. By doing this dua, we can hope that the child who will be born later to worship Allah.
9. “O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then indeed, We created you from dust, then from a semen-drop then from a clinging substance then from an embryonic lump, formed and unformed, that We may make clear to you. And We cause to remain in the wombs what We will for a term appointed, then We bring you out (as) a child, [then] that you may reach [your] maturity. And among you (is he) who dies, and among you (is he) who is returned to the most abject age, so that not he knows, after having known, anything. And you see the earth barren then when We send down on it water, it gets stirred and it swells and grows of every kind beautiful.” (Al-Hajj 22:5)
See also: Benefits of Praying in the Mosque
10. “Who created you, then fashioned you then balanced you? In whatever form what He willed, He assembled you.” (Al-Infitar 82:7-8)
Allah always creates human in the best form and shape. By doing this dua, we hope that the child will be created in the best shape and form.
11. “He (is) the One Who shapes you in the wombs how(ever) He wills. (There is) no god except Him, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.” (Al-Imran 3:6)
This dua is for those who want to get a child with good character.
See also: Rights of Travelers in Islam
12. “Those who avoid great sins and the immoralities except the small faults; indeed, your Lord (is) vast (in) forgiveness. He (is) most knowing about you when He produced you from the earth and when you (were) fetuses in (the) wombs (of) your mothers. So (do) not ascribe purity (to) yourselves. He knows best (he) who fears.” (An-Najm 53:32)
This dua is to hope that the child will avoid sins and big faults in his life. In addition, we hope that Allah will forgive his sins.
13. “My Lord! Indeed, I [I] vowed to You what (is) in my womb, dedicated, so accept from me. Indeed, You, You (are) the All-Hearing, the All-Knowing. I [I] seek refuge for her in You and her offspring from the Shaitaan the rejected. My Lord grants [for] me from Yourself offspring pure. Indeed, You (are) All-Hearer (of) the prayer.” (Al-Imran 3:35-38)
This dua is to get protection to Allah from Satan that may try to persuade us and the child in the future.
See also: Muslim Contribution to Math
14. “Our Lord! Grant to us from our spouses and our offspring comfort (to) our eyes, and make us for the righteous a leader.” (Al-Furqan 25:74)
We need to do this dua to hope that the born child will make our life happier.
15. “My Lord! Make me an established (of) the prayer, and from my offsprings. Our Lord! and accept my prayer.” (Ibrahim 14:40)
Doing dua and prayer every day will make our prayer granted by Allah. Hope that the child will pray every day too and obey Allah.
See also: Powerful Dua to Get Married Soon
16. “O Allah may You protect this baby as long as there is in the womb of his mother. And may You give health to the baby and mother. There is no health other than Allah’s health, a health that does not end with another disease. O Allah may You create this baby in the womb of his mother in a nice way And may You plant the heart in this baby to be faith in You O Allah and to Your Messenger.”
By doing this dua, we pray for the healthiness of the baby and the mother until he borns to the world. In addition, we hope that the baby will believe in Allah and the Messenger.
17. “O Allah, may You make this baby healthy, perfect, intelligent, and understanding in religious affairs. O Allah, may You give this baby a long, healthy body and spiritual, well-mannered, fluent in oral, and good voice for reading and the Qur’an. And increase its degree and expand his rizq. And make it for the perfect human being in the world and the hereafter.”
This dua is to hope a healthy, intelligent, and religious baby.
See also: Benefits of Praying Fajr in the Mosque
18. “My Lord, grant me (the) power that I may be grateful (for) Your favor which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents and that I do righteous (deeds) which please and make righteous for me among my offspring, indeed, I turn to and indeed, I am of those who submit.” (Al-Ahqaf 46:15)
We need to do this dua to be always grateful to Allah and hope the child will feel the same with us.
19. “O Allah the Almighty, where everyone asks, I seek protection for my son from all the malevolent/envy”.
Envy and malevolent are the characters that are bad and hated by Allah. Hope that we and our child will avoid these characters.
See also: How to Do Istinja in Islam
20. “O Allah with all the perfection of the sentence, I seek refuge for my son with the perfect words of Allah from all the devil’s disturbances, from the disturbance of all beasts, and from the disturbance of the eyes that can bring evil consequences to what he sees”.
This dua is to keep away the child from evil, Satan, and beasts.
That’s the dua for conception in Islam. Hope this article will give us benefits and the blessing to get a good child in the future.