As a human being, we have many roles in our life. One of those is as a children. As a children, we are obliged to love and caring our parents. It takes to do as a form of repayment to our parents, though we will not be able to repay all of their services. One thing that we can do for our parents (eventhough one or all of our parents are deceased) is praying. Here is the pray for our parents health.
See also :
A. Dua for Forgiveness
Mostly, Dua or pray that we mention to Allah for our parents is always demand forgiveness. We ask Allah to forgive all of their fault, instead ask to heal them of they are sick. One of the Dua that we always used is this :
1. ‘Allahumagfirlii waliwalidayya warhamhuma kamaa rabbayani śagirá‘
“O my Lord, forgive me and my parents (Mother and Father), love them as they love me in childhood.”
This Dua is commonly used after we pray five times. Even so, this Dua can be practiced in anytime and anywhere we are. If we are in Mosque, usually the Dua is commonly longer and for a lot of people. Here it is :
2. ‘Allaahummaghfirlii dzunuubii waliwaalidayya warhamhumaa kamaa robbayaanii shoghiiro, waliljamii’il muslimiina walmuslimaati, walmu’miniina wal mu’minaati Al ahyaa’i minhum wal amwaati, wataabi’ bainanaa wa bainahum bil khoiraati, robbighfir warham wa annta khoirur roohimiin, walaa haula walaa quwwata illaa billaahil’aliyyil adhiimi’
“O Allah, add forgiveness to me for my sins and the sins of my parents, and have mercy on me together with me, too for all Muslims and Muslim womens, all believers, men and women who are still alive as well as those who have died, and bring us between us and them with kindness, O God, grant us mercy and mercy because you are God more compassionate and powerless and effort with Your help.”
This Dua is used by leader in shalat or Imam for jamaah in Mosque. The goal is for benefit all of the people, and sometimes people respond it with ‘Amin’, in not-so-loud voice or a little bit whispered.
3. ‘Allahummaghfirlana dzunubana wa dzunuba walidaina warhamhuma kama rabbayana shigara.’
This Dua have same meaning with Dua number one. It is used when we pray and someone respond with ‘Amin’, and if we want to pray Dua but have a limited time, we can spell this Dua.
See also :
B. Dua for Safety
Actually, our Dua for our parents is always good and obviously for good deeds. In this section, we will show you the Dua for our parents safety, which is indirectly go to their health.
1. ‘Rabbanaa aatinaa fiddunnyaa hasanah, wa fil aakhirati hasanah, waqinaa ‘adzaa ban naar.’
‘Our Lord, grant us the good of life in the world, and the goodness of life in the Hereafter, and guard us from the torment of the Fire.’
This Dua is pretty clearly for all of us, because we always spell it in our pray. But not only this Dua for our safety. Here is the another Dua, which have the same meaning :
2. ‘Allahumma innaa nas-alukal ‘afwa wal ‘aafiyata fiddiini wad dun-ya wal aakhirati.’
‘O God, we ask forgiveness for You and bestow the goodness of religion, the world, and the hereafter.’
3. ‘Allahumma inni as-aluka ridhoka wal-jannah wa-a’uzubika min sakhathika wannar’
‘O Allah, we ask Your presence to gain Your pleasure and Your heaven. We take refuge from Your wrath and the torment of hell.’
4. ‘Allahumma Inna nas’aluka salamatan fiddin, wa’ afiyatan fil jasadi wa ziyadatan fil ‘ilmi, wabarakatan firrizqi, wa taubatan qablal maut, wa rahmatan ‘indal maut, wa maghfiratan ba’dal maut. Allahumma hawwin ‘alaina fi sakaratil maut wannajata minannari wal ‘afwa ‘indalhisab’
O Allah! Indeed we plead with You prosperity in religion, world and hereafter, bodily virtue, body health, additional knowledge, blessings of sustenance, repent before death, mercy upon death, and forgiveness after death. O Allah! Let us in the face of death, (salvation us) salvation from the fire of hell, and forgiveness at the time of hisab.’
This Dua is often we heard when we pray in Mosque. Some people can not memorize this Dua, because of its length and pretty hard to spell it. But if we spell this Dua, Insha Allah, it will increase our good deeds.
5. ‘Rabbana Dzallamna Anfusana Fainlam Taghfirlana Watarhamna Lanakunanna Minal Khasirina’
“Our Lord, we have abused ourselves because of that O Allah, if not with abundance of mercy and Your mercy we will undoubtedly be a heretic.”
This Dua means for Allah to give some clue to us. Sometimes we are abusing ourselves with something worst such as smoking, drinking, etc. It is the right time to repent from all of those bad things and start a new chapter.
See also :
C. Dua for Protection
1. ‘Allahumma inni a’udzubika minal hammi wal hazan, wa a’udzubika minal ‘ajzi wal kasal, wa a’udzubika minal jubni wal buhkl, wa a’udzubika min ghalabatid-daini wa qahrir-rijaal’.
“O God, I take refuge in You from chest and anxiety, and I take refuge in You from weakness and laziness, and I take refuge in You from cowardly and miserly nature, and I take refuge in You from bondage of debt and pressure human”
[AdSense-A] This Dua is mention by Prophet Muhammad saw when he met Abu Umamah in Mosque but not in the praying time. To Muhammad, he said that he had a debt problem and Muhammad teach that Dua. This Dua have universal meaning. Because the health is not only physically, but also mentally. If our parents have a problem, it will haunted them, and make them falls ill. Obviously we do not want it happen.
2. ‘Rabbana Laa Tuzig Qulubana Ba’da Idz Hadaitana min ladunka rahmatan Innaka Antal Wahhabu.’
‘O our Lord, do not let us perverted our hearts after You guide us, and grant us mercy from Your side. Indeed, You are Gracious.’
This Dua is pretty familiar for jamaah in Mosque, because it is often enough to spell by imam and other people. This Dua is aimed to keep ourselves in His path and not to be lost after guide by Allah swt.
D. Dua for our Health
1. ‘Allahumma tawwil ‘umurana fi ta’atika wa ta’ati rasulika waj’alna min ‘ibadikas salihina.’
“O God, prolong our days in obeying you, and obey your messenger and make us your godly servants.”
This Dua has aim to demand a long age, with goal to keep praying to Allah swt, and still praise Him.
See also :
2. ‘Allahummaghfirlii, warhamnii, wahdinii, wa ‘aafinii, warzuqnii’
“O God, forgive me, have mercy on me, guidance on me, save me (from various diseases), and give me sustenance”.
This Dua has more than one need : forgiveness, guidance, protection, merciness, and obviously, health. This Dua is teached by Muhammad saw, in Hadith Muslim no.35 and 2697.
3. ‘Allahumma ak-tsir maalii wa waladii, wa baarik lii fiimaa a’thaitanii wa athil hayaatii ‘ala tha’atik wa ahsin ‘amalii wagh-fir lii.’
“O Allah, multiply my treasures and my son, and bless the grace you give. Extend my life in obedience to You and make my deeds and forgive my sins.”
This Dua is relatively unpopular and rarely to practice it. Bur if we read the prayer above each fardhu prayer in your dhikr, Insha Allah, longevity and good world life can be obtained.
See also :
E. Dua When Our Parents Become Ill
When we face the fact that our parents fall sick and it almost nothing to do for their health, we can use this Dua for them. But one thing that we have to know and notice, life and death is Allah’s prerogative. All we have to do is just pray and Allah will decide it, because He always know what it best for his Ummah. Here is the Dua for our parents health.
1. ‘Allahumma ahyini maa-kaa-natil khayatu khairalii, watawaf-fanii idza kaanatail wafaatu khairalii.’
O God, live me (extend my age), if life is better for me and turn me off if death is better for me.
E. Dua for Our Deceased Parents
When one or all of our parents had passed away, obviously it breaks any heart of kids as they know that they lost their parents. But it was all of Allah’s decree, and no one can deny it. To help them in there, we can send them Al-Fatihah and this Dua :
1. Allaahummaghfirlahu, warhamhu, wa’aafihii, wa’fu anhu, wa akrim nuzu lahu, wa wassi’ madkhalahu, waghsilhu bilmaai, wats-tsalji, walbaradi, wanaqqihi, minal khathaayaa kamaa yunaqqots tsaubul abyadhu minaddanasi wa abdilhu daaran khairan min daarihi wa ahlan khairan min ahlihi wazaujan khairan min zawjihi wa adkhilhuljannata wa ‘aidzhu min ‘adzaabilqobri wafitnatihi wamin ‘adzaabinnaari.’
‘O Allah, forgive, and grace, and deliver, and deliver him. And glorify his home, expand his driveway, wash him with clear, cool water, and cleanse him from all the mistakes such as a clean white garment of dirt, and his home cushion with a better home than he left behind, and a better family, from the abandoned, and the husband (wife) better than he left behind. Put him into heaven, and protect him from his sanctuary of the grave and its slander, and from the torment of hellfire’
This Dua refers to man, because it has ‘Hu’. If we send Dua to our mother, change it with ‘Ha’.
See also :
Another Dua for Parents Health
- “Allahumma rabbannas, adz-hibil ba’sa-isyfi antasy-syafi, laa syifa’a illa-syifa’uka, syifa’an laa-yughadiru saqaman.”
- “A’uudzu bi-‘izzatillahi wa qudrotihi, min-syarri maa-ajidu, wa uhaadziru.”
- Surah Al-Fatihah
- “Allahumma, innaa nas-aluka thuulal ‘umuri, bith thaa ‘ati, wakhtimlanaa bil a’maalish shaalihati.”
- “Allahumma rabban naas adzhibil ba’sa isyfi…!! Antasy syaafi’ laaa syifaa’a illaa syifaa-uk syifaa-an laa yughaadiru saqaman”
- “A’udzu bi’izzatillahi wa qudratihi min syarri maa ajidu wa uhaadiru”
- “Allahumma shalli ‘alaa Sayyidina
Muhammadin thibbil quluubi wa dawaa iha, wa ‘aafiyatil abdani wa syifaa iha, wanuuril abshaari wa dhiyaa iha wa ‘ala aalihi wa shahbihi wa sallim.”
- “Rabbi auzi’nii an asykura ni’matakalattii an’amta ‘alayya wa ‘alaa waalidayya wa an a’mala soolihan tardhahu wa adkhilnii birahmatika fii ‘ibadikash shalihiin.”
- “Allahumma ajil anhul ilalawadda-a wa-aidhu ilaas-sihati wassifaa-a wa amiddahu bihusnil wiqoyati waruddahu ilaa husni aafiyati wajal maanaalahu fii marodihi hadaa maadatan lihayaatihii wakafaratan lisayyiatihi.”
- “Inni massaniyad durru wa anta arhamur rahimina.”
That was the 25 effective and efficacious pray to our parents. Health is not about physically, but also mentally. Insha Allah with all of these Dua will increase our good deeds and as our devotion to our parents.
See also :