The presence of the newborn baby is a happy news for couples. The positive expectations of the fruit grow in the heart. For the Muslims, it is recommended to be happy with their happiness. Doing dua, pray for their success, and congratulate them are some ways to show that we are happy to get a newborn baby in Muslim. Islamic law teaches us to do a series of dhikr and dua that should be done when the newborn baby comes to the world. This dhikr and dua are mainly done by his father and still recommended to others.
Islam has given a very detailed attention to the newborn baby, since the process of conception, pregnancy, birth, until education when the child was born and the growing up to adulthood. All received careful attention and guidance. It shows that it is important to keep, nurture, and educate the newborn baby from the beginning.
Here is presented dua for a newborn baby in Islam.
1. “My Lord, indeed I [I] (have) delivered [her] a female.” And Allah knows better [of] what she delivered, and is not the male like the female. “And that I [I] (have) named her Maryam and that I [I] seek refuge for her in You and her offspring from the Shaitaan the rejected.” (Al-Imran 3:36)
Every baby born will be stabbed by a demon by hand until the baby screams and cries. Thanks to Maryam’s mother’s dua, Maryam was born without the devil’s intrusion. Similarly, when Prophet Isa was born, Maryam prayed for Isa to always be in protection. So, when your baby has been born into the world, it’s good to pray for the baby like Maryam’s mother.
See also: Dua to Get Married Fast
2. “O Allah, I seek refuge in You for it and for my descendants from the cursed devil.”
There will be devils and Satan in the world. We need to dua this to keep away the baby from them.
3. I seek refuge with the perfect sentences of God, from all the temptations of the devil and disturbing beasts and from the evil eye. (HR Abu Daud 3371)
The newborn baby is always active and wants to know everything. We need to dua this to protect the baby from the temptation of the devil and evil eye.
See also: Prayers for Deceased Husband
4. “May Allah bless you children who are given to you. May you be grateful to the Giver, and he is able to reach adulthood, and you are blessed with his goodness. “ (Al-Hasan)
By doing this dua, we hope that the newborn baby will always remember Allah. With this, Allah will give blessing and goodness for the baby’s entire life.
5. “May Allah bless you and bring happiness to you. May Allah reward you with the best of rewards, to give you like and multiply your reward. “
This dua is a hope for the baby to bring happiness to the family. We hope that the baby will multiply our reward that can be used in the hereafter.
See also: Benefits of Exercise in Islam
6. “May Allah bless this child for you and make him a good man of the righteous”. (Al-Bazzar)
By doing this dua, we hope that the newborn baby will be a righteous man. Allah loves people who are doing good and become righteous.
7. “O Allah, make him (a baby) a good, cautious and intelligent person. Grow it in Islam with good growth. “
This dua is a hope for the newborn baby to become a good, cautious, and intelligent person. We hope that this baby will make Islam better in the future.
See also: How to Stay Up After Fajr
8. “May Allah make it good for you and for the people of Muhammad sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam” (At-Thabrani)
We need to dua this to hope that the newborn baby will have a character like Prophet Muhammad. We hope that the baby will become the successor of Prophet Muhammad too.
9. “O Allah, make this name a blessing to him, be a child who fears Allah and is devoted to his parents. O Allah, lengthen your age in obeying your religion, as much as its body. Make him a leader after adulthood, and set his faith in the trials of the world and the hereafter. “
This dua is done when we give the newborn baby a name. We hope that the name will make him good in the world and hereafter.
See also: Things To Do of Jummah Friday for women
10. “When my son was born, I brought him to the Prophet sallallaahu ‘alaihi wa sallam. He gave me the name of my baby, Ibrahim and tended the date and blessed him with blessings. Then he returned to me.” (HR Bukhari 5467 and Muslim 2145)
This is an example of previous people who brought their children to the Prophet Muhammad to get the blessing. By doing this dua, we ask for the blessing of the newborn baby.
11. “O Allah, make him a perfect child, intelligent, intelligent and knowledgeable.”
This dua can be read anytime and anywhere so that the child grows into a sholeh, smart and good knowledge child. It is worth reading in a mustajab time such as a one-third night, 10 late nights in Ramadan or between adzan and iqomah.
See also: The Priority of A Mother’s Prayer
12. “O Zakariya! Indeed, We [We] give you glad tidings of a boy his name (will be) Yahya, not We (have) assigned [for] it before (this) name.” (Maryam 19:7)
This is an example that Zakariya is given a child by Allah. This dua is to give thanks to Allah for the baby that is given to us.
13. So We gave him the glad tidings of a boy forbearing. (As-Saffat 37:101)
A newborn baby is a happy news for the couple. So, we need to spread it to the people around us too.
See also: Dua to Increase Memory in Islam
14. They said, “(Do) not be afraid, indeed, we [we] bring glad tidings to you of a boy learned.” (Al-Hijr 15:53)
Having a new person in the family may make us bear more responsibility. However, we must not give up and always ask Allah to give us convenience to raise the baby.
15. Then called him the Angels when he (was) standing – praying in the prayer chamber. “Indeed, Allah gives you glad tidings of Yahya, confirming [of] a Word from Allah and a noble and chaste and a Prophet among the righteous.” (Al-Imran 3:39)
By doing this dua, we hope that the Angels and Allah will protect this baby forever. The protection from them will raise the baby in a good way.
See also: How a Women should Dress in Islam
More Dua for The Newborn Baby in Islam
Here is presented more dua for the newborn baby in Islam.
- “I take refuge with the words of Allah from all demons, distresses, and evil views.” (HR. At Tirmidzi no. 2060)
- “Then the Prophet asked for a date, then he chewed it and placed it in the mouth of the baby. The first food that goes into the baby’s stomach is the saliva of the Messenger of Allah, then he prayed for it and begged for it.” (HR Bukhari 3909)
- “Whoever is awarded a child then he admits in his right ear and iqamah in his left ear, then the child will not be disturbed by the jinn.” (Al-Abani no. 321)
- He created you from a soul single. Then He made it its mate. And He sent down for you of the cattle eight kinds. He creates you in (the) wombs (of) your mothers, creation after creation, in darkness[es] three. That (is) Allah your Lord; for Him (is) the dominion. (There is) no god except He. Then how are you turning away? (Az-Zumar 39:6)
- He (is) the One Who created you from dust, then from a semen-drop, then from a clinging substance, then He brings you out (as) a child; then lets you reach your maturity, then lets you become old – and among you (is he) who dies before – and lets you reach a term specified, and that you may use reason. (Ghafir 40:67)
- Indeed, your Lord (is) Allah the One Who created the heavens and the earth in six epochs, then He ascended to the Throne. He covers the night (with) the day seeking it rapidly and the sun and the moon and the stars – subjected by His command. Unquestionably for Him (is) the creation and the command, blessed (is) Allah, Lord (of) the worlds. (Al-Araf 7:54) [AdSense-C]
- Allah – (there is) no God except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of all that exists. Not overtakes Him slumber [and] not sleep. To Him (belongs) what(ever) (is) in the heavens and what(ever) (is) in the earth. (Al-Baqarah 2:255)
- And Allah brought you forth from the wombs (of) your mothers, not knowing anything, and made for you the hearing and the sight and the hearts so that you may give thanks. (An-Nahl 16:78)
- “He (is) the One Who created you from a single soul and made from it its mate that he might live with her. And when he covers her, she carries a burden light and continues with it. But when she grows heavy, they both invoke Allah, their Lord, “If You give us a righteous (child), surely we will be among the thankful.” (Al-Araf 7:189)
- “O Allah make him healthy perfectly, O Allah correct his character, make eloquent his tongue and melodize his voice to read the Qur’an and hadith with blessings of Prophet Muhammad S.a.w.”
That’s all dua for a newborn baby in Islam. Hope this article gives us benefits and hope we will be always happy when getting a newborn baby in the family.