All human beings throughout the world, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, elder or younger and male or female will experience the process of dying, it’s just that we as Muslims do not know when we die. Therefore, we as a living Muslim should really be able to find the provision of life (reward) which can be used after death later because if we have died it will not bring anything but three things such as Shadaqah Jarriyah, useful knowledge and the sincere son who pray for us. When someone has died, we need to dua for him as Muslim to clear up the way to the heaven for the dead person.
“A dead person in his grave is like a drowning man who is asking for help. He looks forward to the prayers of trusting fathers, mothers, children, and friends. When it comes to him, he likes it more than the world and everything in it. And verily Allah sends the prayers of the inhabitants of the world to the great grave experts as big as mountains. The rewards of those who live to the dead are pleading with Allah for them and giving charity on their behalf. “ (HR Ad-Dailami).
Here is presented dua for the dead person in Islam.
1. “Our Lord, forgive us and our brothers who preceded us in faith, and (do) not put in our hearts any rancor towards those who believed. Our Lord, indeed You (are) Full of Kindness, Most Merciful.” (Al-Hashr 59:10)
This dua is to ask Allah for forgiveness which is done by the dead person and us. Allah is kind and merciful so Allah will forgive the dead person if we dua this regularly.
See also: Importance of Zuhr Prayer
2. “O Allah, forgive him, bless him, protect him, and forgive him. Glorify where he lives now, and spread his tomb.”
By doing this dua, we ask for the protection and blessing of the dead person. In addition, we hope that the heaven will be the place of the dead person and hope that the tomb will be temporary for his place.
3. “O Allah, grant us forgiveness for us who are alive and who have died, and for us who are present, and for us who are ghoib, and we are small (children), and we are adults, and for us men and women.”
This dua is for the dead person and us who are still alive, be it children or adult, men or women. So, this dua has many purposes and can be done anytime and anywhere.
See also: Benefits of Asr Prayer
4. “Make him enter into Paradise, and protect him from the punishment, blasphemy, and from the torment of the Fire.”
This dua is to ask Allah to give the best place which is the Paradise to the dead person. We hope that the dead person will not receive any punishments, blasphemy, and the torment of the Fire if the dead person has done any mistakes and sins in his previous life.
5. “We are indeed Allah’s property, and to Him, we return and to our Lord, we will all return.”
This dua is to make us aware that all human beings will die and return to Allah. It is because Allah has already planned it as the Creator of the human and the world.
See also: Dua for a Newborn Baby in Islam
6. “O Allah! Write him (the deceased) among the people who do some goodness on Your side and make his writing at a high level and replace his members with those who go with obedience to You.”
This dua is to ask Allah for the dead person who has done a lot of goodness in the world. We hope that it will make him go to the heaven and will be elevated his degree by Allah.
7. “May peace be upon you, the graves of believers and Muslims. And surely we will soon follow Allah. I ask Allah for safety for us and you. “ (HR Muslim)
This dua is done in front of the grave of the dead person. We will always dua the dead person and hope that the dead person will dua to us too in the hereafter.
See also: Importance of Friendship in Islam
8. “O Allah, forgive those who are still alive among us, and also those who have died among us.” (HR At-Tirmidzi)
This dua is to ask for forgiveness for the dead person and us who are still alive. By doing this dua regularly, we hope that Allah will forgive our sins and mistakes in the world.
9. And has decreed your Lord, that (do) not worship except Him Alone and to the (be) good. Whether reach with you the old age one of them, or both of them, then (do) not say to both of them a word of disrespect and (do) not repel them, but speak to them a word noble. (Al-Isra 17:23)
This dua is a hope to the dead person who needs to believe only in Allah when he is being asked by the Guardian in the hereafter. This is an important way for the dead person to reach the heaven.
See also: Dua to Get Married Fast
10. “My Lord! Forgive me and my parents, and whoever enters my house – a believer and the believing men and the believing women. And (do) not increase the wrongdoers except (in) destruction.” (Nuh 71:28)
This dua is for our parents who are dying. We are as the children need to dua for our parents regularly because our dua is the best according to some hadith.
11. And lower to them (the) wing (of) humility (out) of [the] mercy and say, “My Lord! Have mercy on both of them as they brought me up (when I was) small.” (Al-Isra 17:24)
This dua is for the parents too. It shows that the parents have already raised the children until they have grown up so the parents have already fulfilled their obligations throughout the life.
See also: Prayers for Deceased Husband
12. “O Allah give us the reward for this disaster and change for me better than this calamity.”
This dua is for the family that the dead person that he left behind. We hope that the family will be given the strength and fortitude to live on.
13. “May Allah glorify your grief, heed your patience and forgive your corpse.”
This dua is to ask Allah for forgiveness to the dead person.We hope that the corpse will be glorified by Allah.
See also: Benefits of Exercise in Islam
14. And surely We will test you with something of [the] fear and [the] hunger and loss of [the] wealth and [the] lives and [the] fruits, but give good news (to) the patient ones. Those who, when strikes them a misfortune, they say, “Indeed, we belong to Allah and indeed we towards Him will return.” Those on them (are) blessings from their Lord and Mercy. And those [they] (are) the guided ones. (Al-Baqarah 2:155-157)
By doing this dua, we will realize that all things in the world are temporary and we will come back to Allah. So, all humans will die and experience it although the death time is different each other.
15. Assalamualaikum, The Grave Expert. Hope Allah forgives us and you. You are our predecessor. We’ll catch up. (HR Tirmidzi)
This dua is to show that we will catch up to the dead person. By doing this dua to his grave, we show that he will not be alone in the hereafter.
See also: How to Stay Up After Fajr
More Dua for Dead Person in Islam
Here is presented more dua for the dead person in Islam.
- And that is not for man except what he strives (for). (An-Najm 53:39)
- To Allah (belongs) whatever (is) in the heavens and whatever (is) in the earth. And if you disclose what (is) in yourselves or you conceal it, will call you to account for it, Allah. Then, He will forgive [to] whom He wills, and He will punish whom He wills. And Allah on everything (is) All-Powerful. (Al-Baqarah 2:284)
- “Our Lord, do not impose blame upon us if we have forgotten or erred. Our Lord, and lay not upon us a burden like that which You laid upon those before us. Our Lord, and burden us not with that which we have no ability to bear. And pardon us; and forgive us; and have mercy upon us. You are our protector, so give us victory over the disbelieving people.” (Al-Baqarah 2:286)
- Only Allah wishes to remove from you the impurity, (O) People (of) the House! And to purify you (with thorough) purification. (Al-Ahzab 33:33)
- And if they turn away then know that Allah (is) your Protector, Excellent (is) the Protector, and Excellent (is) the Helper. (Al-Anfal 8:40) [AdSense-C]
- “O Allah, forgive him, take care of him, glorify his dwelling place, extend his grave, bathe him with ice water and dew, cleanse of all wrongdoings as a clean white cloth from the filth, substitute for him a better place of residence stay, a better family of his family, a better partner than his partner and keep him from the torture of the grave and torment of hell. “ (HR Muslim)
- Please ask forgiveness for your brother and ask for courage for him, because now he is being asked. (HR Abu Dawud)
- Good wishes may be bestowed on both mu’min and Muslim tomb masters and may Allah grant grace to previous generations and future generations and indeed – God willing – we will catch up) (HR Muslim)
- So this Day not will be wronged a soul (in) anything and not you will be recompensed except (for) what you used (to) do. (Ya Sin 36:54)
- “When someone died, then is read to him Surah Ya Sin, except Allah lighten the punishment for him.” (HR Ad-Dailami)
That’s all dua for the dead person. Hope this article gives us benefits and hope we will always do this dua to the grave of the dead person.